Thursday, January 31, 2008

Our Little Hyper Hypo!

I finally was able to get the video downloaded of Jacob hyperventilating...


While we were eating dinner the other night, we heard Jacob breathing funny. I got up to check on him in the living room and he had pulled his blanket over his face. When he first started really moving around, any time he would pull his burp cloth over his face he would stop breathing for a couple seconds, then gasp for air and start breathing really hard. It sounds like he is hyperventilating. It is the funniest thing to watch because he's the one that pulls it over his own face, but once it's there, it's like he feels trapped and he doesn't understand that he can pull it right off. As he's gotten a little bit older, he loves to play peek-a-boo this way, but he still forgets sometimes and panics.

Calebs new thing: Every night this week when we've gone in to check on Caleb before we go to bed, we find him at the very end of his bed sound asleep. After lining up his pillows neatly in a row, he lays down on the bottom one and goes to sleep.

9 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

Poor little guy! He's going to have clausterphobia all because of a little burb cloth! ;)

I love Caleb's little pillow line-up. Too cute.

Jaime said...

I love all the funny things that our kids do! It really makes being a mom great!

I love the pillow line up....how funny! His bedding is REALLY cute too!

Rachael said...

That is funny that he lines up his pillows! Eli lines up all his cars in a row and now I am worried that he is Autistic! Someone told me that was a sign but hopefully he is doing it just out of habit!

Jocelyn said...

Love your sheets for the boys. I was going to get those but Doug vetoed it. i had to make the boys.

Becky Jorgensen said...

your boys are so cute!! I can't believe Jacob freaks out like that, its so freaken funny and Caleb with his pillows haha he's adorable. Its funny how every kids has their own kind of OCD LOL

Jennings said...

That is really cute. Your kids are adorable! It sounds like you are having fun with them!

Mike and Shelby said...

I tried leaving another little note here this morning-but Brooke turned off my computer just before I hit enter!

What I WAS going to say was...Jacob's eyes totally sparkle! He is so cute!

Kristen said...

He is so CUTE!!!!! and so sweet! I love that age!

Tara said...

Katie, why are you guys mean to that baby? It was sooo funny thought! I'm glad he's okay and hopefully soon, he'll learn not to "trap" himself! Hope all is well! Love you guys!