After about 3 previous attempts to potty train Caleb, it finally worked! He obviously wasn't ready when we tried twice before and the last attempt I just didn't have the energy or the patience at 8 1/2 months pregnant. Just last week we decided when Dave put the very last diaper on Caleb that we weren't going to buy any more. He was going to get potty trained! Fortunately, it was easier than we had expected. There were a few moments of pure torture, but by the 3rd day, he finally got it. All of a sudden he was running in and announcing that he had to go pee pee! Although it was very frustrating and exhausting at times, we caught a few fun and memorable moments that we wanted to share. Caleb hated when we pulled him away from playing or watching a movie to try to go to the bathroom and he let us know how much he hated it! He sat on the toilet pouting and refused to go, so we just left him there and went about our business, but could hear him chewing us out from the bathroom.
The first day that he really "got it" he ran into the living room and said, "Look at me mom!" He was so proud of himself that he put his own underwear on. I told him good job! and with a big smile, he said Thank You! When he turned to walk away I saw his wedgie and realized they were backwards. He got embarrassed when I started laughing, but I couldn't help myself! We are so proud of him!!!


11 comments:
Katie your blog has turned out really cute! I love your pictures especially the on with Calebs underwear on backwards!! Joseph still does that because he wants Diego to be in front:) Let me know if I can help with anything.
The pout is classic!
Okay, Caleb is TRULY the cutest little boy EVER!!! I laughed so hard at his potty pictures! Help me get my blog going!
Katie, your boys are adorable. Caleb is so handsome with his blonde curls and blue eyes! Lucky for you he's potty trained!!! I want to train Trent soon but he has NO interest. I guess he is only 1 still.....I can't wait until I don't have to buy diapers anymore. Congrats on your new little baby. That's so exciting. When we have another baby, I want a boy too so they can be little buddies! Love your blog!
I love the picture of Caleb on the toilet, thats hilarious! Isn't it great to not have to change diapers? Hooray!
Katie,
Your blog is so cute! Your boys are even cuter!!! I'm so glad you have a blog now, just make sure to update often :)
Hey Katie!! I love your blog!! Caleb is soooo cute!!! Aren't you so excited to have a few less diapers to change everyday :} I love it when they are finally potty trained. The baby is beautiful!! I can hardly wait to meet him in person. Hope to see you guys soon! Love J
Katie I am so glad you got my message. I was affraid you were not going to see it becuase it wasnt on your most recent post. blah blah blah. ANyway, how are You? Things are going good here. Im subbing and Romney is working for the city of Riverside now. We are actually living with my parents...still. However any minute we are supposed to here if our offer on a house is going to be accepted. THey countered us and we countered back so hopefully I can tell you we live in our own house very soon.Where are you guys?
Dave and Katie
I love the pictures, and Caleb looks so much like our little Johnny. I hope all is well.
Katie!! Hey, how are you? You're boys are so cute! and yes, i mean all 3 of them! Tell Dave Hi for me! Ooooh, and Casey and Tammy, too! I bet you guys are all having so much fun being together now! Can i just say I'm still in disbelief that Casey's actually gone at FL! Glad to hear they are loving it out there though! Well, hope all is well! If you got any tips for me on how to work this thing, pass em on! love you guys!
Post a Comment