Friday, September 14, 2007

Oceanside

We stayed in Oceanside Wednesday-Thursday with Casey & Tammy and their kids Maxwell, Mia and Eva. Their friends were there too with their kids. It was my first time taking Jacob to the beach. The kids played all day in the sand, chased seagulls, and splashed around in the water. Casey caught 3 crabs in the rocks of the jetty and then dug lanes in the sand so they could have crab races. They all gathered around and watched as the tiniest crab won every time. He was a feisty little thing! The funniest thing was when one of the twins, Eva, walked right over to the biggest crab and without any hesitation picked it up to show it to everyone. Maybe it was because just before Casey was having all of the kids give it a kiss?!?:) Casey dug a big deep hole that the kids played in until it was time to leave, I decided it would be fun to bury Caleb. He was a little nervous at first, but he was a good sport! Back at the hotel, we showered the kids outside by the pool and let them swim for awhile, then they ALL had a bath! We had some crazy moments, but really it was a lot of fun!

7 comments:

Jaime said...

It sounds like you guys had a really fun time! I love all of the picutures. I can't believe how much Caleb is growing up!! Time flies! You look really good...baby is cute too!! I can hardly wait to see him in person! Love ya and take care!!!

Emily said...

What a super cute post Katie! I wish we could have been there with you guys! You got some great pictures of the kiddies! Cute Uncle Casey is always playing in the sand with the kids! We should try and get in a few more beach days while the weather is still so hot.

Shelby said...

How fun! Yesterday, Mike and I were anxious to get out of the house, and I suggested we go walk on the beach! Can you believe that? No beach here to walk on! Guess I miss those beaches more than I expected! (Still glad we live here though)

Shelby said...

...oh yeah, and kissing crabs? What great memories!

Summer said...

Such cute pictures!! Oh my gosh!! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Casey is so funny, I bet the kids loved the crab races! Jacob is already getting so big! I can't believe how fast they grow! Love ya!

Summer said...

OK slacker...it's been like a month and a half since your last post! Come on, I want to know what is going on with you guys! Don't you know I'm stalking you and I need knew material? lol!

Joneel said...

Hi, I found your blog through the Crowders, and The Naylors used to live in Chino Hills. IF, they are the Naylors I knew. I'm just a little curious if that is the family you married into. Hmm, how can you let me know. I guess you can click on my name and go to my blog and somehow let me know. Thanks. Joneel