Thursday, February 7, 2008

Today we went to Fashion Island for lunch and to let the kids ride the train. We went with my sister in law Tammy and our friend Shelley. We let them ride the train one time before lunch......Jacob waited patiently.
After lunch we took them to the Koi pond. They love to watch the fish and jump around on the rocks. I got some cute pictures while they were playing... ...but then as Caleb was heading over to me to take a picture with his baby brother, he was accidentally pushed in! I had Jacob in my arms and was too far away to grab him before he went in, but I saw the whole thing happen. It was one of those moments where you feel like you are moving in slow motion...luckily Shelley was right there and was able to pull him out.
He was literally soaked from head to toe!

He was so sad after he fell in, but I thought it was too great not to get a picture. I caught just a small portion of him on video telling us about what happened and he said to me that he wanted "another dressed" (he wanted to change his clothes) everyone there was staring and whispering (I'm sure they thought I was a horrible mother to laugh and take pictures of my poor son as he was standing there freezing), but seriously...lighten up!
I stripped Caleb down completely and dried him off with Jacob's blanket. I happened to have a pair of his underwear in the diaper bag, so I put those on him and we borrowed Maxwell's sweatshirt, wrapped the blanket around him and then we went shopping. He got a new outfit out of it:) Good thing we were at the mall! We took the kids on one more train ride before heading home. Caleb was so happy...What a good sport! And I finally got a picture of my boys together, after the drama! In the end...we really did have a fun day!

20 comments:

Becky Jorgensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky Jorgensen said...

k so I didn't mean to erase my comment before but I love Calebs outfit. Its such a Dave outfit! and the video is adorable in a sad way =} I would have done the same thing!haha

The picture of the boys is like looking at you and Dave. They look so much like you guys!!! love ya

Mike and Shelby said...

Poor Caleb! I love that last picture of them together...it's a "framable" one!

Rachael said...

That is hilarious! I would have done the same thing....laugh at it, take a picture and then take care of the problem!

Jocelyn said...

When I'm there I was think LT is going to go in. Now if it happens, I won't feel that bad. j/k I totally would take pictures to as he was crying. Whatever about the looks, people give them and they are doing stuff that you could give them back.

Jocelyn said...

When I'm there I was think LT is going to go in. Now if it happens, I won't feel that bad. j/k I totally would take pictures to as he was crying. Whatever about the looks, people give them and they are doing stuff that you could give them back.

byers babes said...

Katie! I can't stop laughing at Caleb's pond experience. I've had near heart failure every time my kids play at that area. I can only imagine how sad and funny it was for you. That was great. Thanks for sharing.

Abbie said...

Katie!!!!
Your boys are so cute. I am so glad I found your blog. How are you?
Abbie

Tammy said...

So cute! I need a copy of that first picture.

Emily said...

Katie.... so funny! My little Caleb bubs! He looks so darling in his new outfit though! Seriously, that is hilarious and I can just see you watching the whole thing while holding Jacob and thinking "that did NOT just happen!" Way to get the footage!

Jaime said...

What a fun day! I can't believe how big Jacob has gotten. It makes me sad cause we don't see you guys enough. He's going to be huge the next time I see you! Hey, I tagged you so go to my blog for the questions!! Love Ya J

Mae said...

Moments like that are only good for the entertainment they provide in the moments (and years) after. So good job for getting pics and video! Caleb will laugh at it, too! Eventually.
Can't wait until I can take Zane out on little trips like that! I think I will venture to church this week, though! I'll be in primary, if i do! See you there!

Wendy said...

What a cute story! Your boys are adorable!

Kari and Brian said...

The boys are so cute!!! Looking at them is like looking at you and Dave. What a fun day you had.

Tammy said...

Hey katie you have been purse tagged, go to my blo to see what to do.

Tara said...

Man, you're popular! Still, what did you do for Valentines Day? It's time for a new blog, Katie. I bet Dave got the biggest kick out of this. I LOVE the video... poor Caleb! You might be careful though, he might do it again next time bc of all the attention he's gotten. Shoot, i'll go jump in it if you'll buy me a new outfit! lol! Love you guys!

Vicki said...

Katie Waldron? You have to be because your kids look just like your brothers. This is Vicki Willard. I don't know if you remember us. We lived in Costa Mesa when your dad was Bishop. My husband was his 2nd coun.
I hope your dad is doing well.Let me know about your sisters and brothers and all.

Summer said...

How cute! Sounds and a fun and adventurous day. I'm glad your so chill about stuf like that, I can't stand those people that just want to stand around and stare at you. You're right..lighten up! Caleb will be so glad in 20 years you got that on video!

PS You've been tagged, check out my blog for rules.

Aja Jenise said...

Hi! I am a friend of Tara Holmes and saw your site... she has a lot of friends listed with familiar names so I was just going through her list. Anyhow, I wanted to ask where you downloaded your page designs from... meaning the backgrounds? Could you click on our name link above and leave me a link or the info when you have time. With cute boys like yours I can imagine time is priceless. Anyhow, I would appreciate it so much if you could... THANKS, Aja

Connie said...

Katie! I saw that you posted on my mom's blog! How cool to get in touch after all these years. I still remember when your family came up to state line in Nevada and we all hung out. That was so fun! You have an adorable family! That picture of Caleb on the right hand side looks so much like a Waldron!